1. Policy Statement
Rose and Lee Interiors may from time to time change this policy by updating this page. You should check this page periodically to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from September 2010.
- “Account” – means collectively the personal information, payment information and credentials used by Users to access material and / or any communications system on the Web Site
- “Content” – means any text, graphics, images, audio, video, software, data compilations and any other form of information capable of being stored in a computer that appears on or forms part of this Web Site;
- “Cookie” – means a small text file placed on your computer by Rose and Lee Vintage Living when you visit certain parts of this Web Site. This allows us to identify recurring visitors and to analyse their browsing habits within the Web Site. Where e-commerce facilities are provided, Cookies may be used to store your shopping Basket. Further details are contained in Section 7 of this Policy;
- “Data" – means collectively all information that you submit to the Web Site. This includes, but is not limited to, account details and information submitted using any of our Services or Systems;
- “Rose and Lee Interiors” – means Rose and Lee Interiors, 393 Bury New Road, Prestwich, Manchester M25 1AW;
- “Service” – means collectively any online facilities, tools, services or information that Rose and Lee Interiors makes available through the Web Site either now or in the future;
- “System” – means any online communications infrastructure that Rose and Lee makes available through the Web Site either now or in the future. This includes, but is not limited to, web-based email, message boards, live chat facilities and email links;
- “User” / “Users” – means any third party that accesses the Web Site and is not employed by Rose and Lee and acting in the course of their employment; and
- “Web Site” – means the website that you are currently using (www.roseandleeinteriors.com) and any sub-domains of this site (e.g. subdomain.www.roseandleeinteriors.co.uk) unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions.
2. What we collect
We may collect (without limitation) some or all of the following information:
2.2. Contact information including email address and telephone numbers;
2.3. Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests;
2.4. IP address (automatically collected);
2.5. Web browser type and version (automatically collected);
2.6. Operating system (automatically collected);
2.7. Coookie Information;
2.8. Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers.
3. What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
Personal data which may be submitted by you the ‘User’ will be retained by Rose and Lee for as long as you use the Services and Systems as provided by the website.
Unless we are obliged or permitted by law to do so, and subject to Section 4, your Data will not be disclosed to third parties. However, we may use the information to improve our products and services.
We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
All personal data is stored securely in accordance with the principles of the Data Protection Act 1998, for more details please see Section 5.
4. Third Parties
Rose and Lee Interiors, may periodically, employ the services of other (external) parties for dealing with matters that may include, but are not limited to, payment handling, delivery of items purchased, search engine facilities, advertising and marketing. The providers of such services do have access to certain personal Data provided by Users of this Web Site. Any Data used by such parties is used only to the extent required by them to perform the services that Rose and Lee Vintage Living requests. Any use for other purposes is strictly prohibited. Furthermore, any Data that is processed by third parties must be processed within the terms of this Policy and in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
5. Controlling Access to your Data
5.1 Wherever you are required to submit Data, you will be given options to restrict our use of that Data. This may include the following:
use of Data for direct marketing purposes; and
sharing Data with third parties.
if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to Rose and Lee Interiors, 393 Bury New Road, Prestwich, Manchester, M25 1AW or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
5.2. We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
5.3. You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to Rose and Lee Interiors, 393 Bury New Road, Prestwich, Manchester, M25 1AW
5.4. If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
6.1. At Rose and Lee Interiors we are committed to ensuring that your information is secure.
6.2. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
7.1. A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
7.2. We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
7.3. Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
7.4. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
8. Links to other websites
8.1. Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
9. Changes to this Policy